College Process Consulting
Applying to college can be stressful and tedious for both students and parents. but it need not be. We make the process of applying to college easier. Individualized consultation is customized to meet the needs of the college-bound high school student. Our focus is on “fit”, determining through a holistic approach which schools are most compatible with the student. We keep expectations realistic making the application process one of self-discovery, and admissions not an end result, but a continuation toward self-development. We offer personalized service throughout the process from the initial consultation through the decision process, answering your questions every step of the way.
- Do you want to simplify the college application process?
- Do you want to reduce the stress?
- Do you have questions and don’t know where to find the answers quickly?
- Do you want to explore potential majors and career options?
- Do you want specialized services to give you an edge in the college admissions process?
Our goal is to demystify the process.
Fitting it all together. It's all about "fit."
- Reduce stress for parents an student beyond what school counselors can do based on counselor/student ratios.
- Provide answers to your questions and educate you as to what the college admissions process is about.
- Help students to focus on college and minimize their getting overwhelmed while still being a high school student.
- Guide in order to AVOID procrastination
- procrastination in starting:
failure to visit enough schools and to properly explore options
- procrastination in finishing:
failure to complete applications in a timely fashion
Often students do not prioritize and organize materials prior to preparing their applications. This can lead to frustration. Procrastination is the most prevalent, self-imposed pressure. Hasty completion of applications can turn a possible admission into a denial.
Our services offer the support needed to reduce the stress. We assist the student by organizing and prioritizing the material. We outline the necessary requirements for each school application and assist in ensuring deadlines are comfortably met. We assist in weighing options based on acceptances, guiding students through strategies with the decision process as needed.